Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Philip Pullman at Brookes

Holy....!!!

I recently learned that Philip Pullman (author of the "His Dark Materials" series) is going to be hanging around Brookes as a new fellow (still not sure what that means, UK system...) in the M.A. in Creative Writing. You know, I almost went the CW way and now I almost regret not doing it. Almost.

This means I have someone to stalk...er... look forward to meeting and shaking a hand with in a sedate and totally non-fannish and non-threatening way. Yeah.

I love the man's books. He writes like I wish I could but my novel looks like the scribbling of a six year-old next to him. Okay, well, next to almost anyone I admire really. I don't know if being a fellow means he'll be teaching classes, and I know I'll probably be very busy, but if I can, I will take one of his. At least, I'd know for sure he will respect my choice of YA fantasy as my main writing genre.

And you know what I'm thinking? I'll see if I can't interview him for the blog (okay, everybody join me in a fangirl squeal now). Heck, if he accepts to be interviewed, I might even make it into my first podcast ever. Now excuse me while I go buy "Podcasting for Dummies" or maybe that book of Mur Lafferty's...

No comments: