Monday, August 25, 2008

One more week!

Gah! One week only left before I move to Oxford!

I still don't know where I'll be living... Yeah, they're making us wait until this week to tell us when, supposedly, everyone who applied before the july deadlina should have heard back mid-July. Not happy!

Still in the middleof nowhere (the cows are so used to me, they eat out of my hands when I go near them instead of running away in normal cow fashion). I get to check my email once a week when we come see my cousin because his mama can't stay away from him too long. Sigh.

I stayed up all night yesterday worrying so today I called Oxford and reserved a bed in a hostel for the first two weeks. My nails are in an aweful state.

One word of advice if you ever think to take the Eurostar train (the one that goes under the Channel) to Paris or Brussels or back to England from there: buy your ticket early online. I didn't and am paying twice what I could have paid a couple of months ago when I first looked it up. Still, I have my ticket which really helps to realize I'M GOING TO ENGLAND!!

Can't wait!

No comments: